A

Liselle Moncherie



Tuesday, April 12, 2011 @ 7:22 PM  |  5 Comment(s)




A very unexpected event happened to me today..as I let my friends.teachers and my family down..I screwed up my impromptu speech.Gosh I feel terrible..I let down my friends who have high expectation for me to win..I lost..I didn't manage to get the top 5,I got no 6,If I made until top5 I could represent the Perak state for the finals..My lucky no 6..

This is the first time I didn't manage to get the top 5 in public speaking competition,I was very unhappy with my performance I never performed this badly..My friends keep texting me wishing me luck and hope that I can win this time.Instead I lost the game.I was so touched when my friend Isma,Nanie,Nisa,and Kiki told me"although you didn't win but for us you are still the best! No more crying,you've done a great job it's not easy to stand up in front of almost 100 people" They really do love me awww T.T,friendship never ends! besties for eva!

One of the judges called my mother ,she is my mom's best friend and she knows me since I was 6 years old..She told my mom my impromptu speech was too short and I'm not supposed to end my speech until the bell rings to indicate that it's already 2 minutes talk,She's also frustrated..

I stopped on 1 minute and a half ..why?! I was blank I couldn't arrange the ideas that kept coming from my head..Everything happens for a reason maybe god wanted to gave me a wake up call like"hello,stop dreaming you are not that good" or god wants me to focus on my studies rather than spending too much time practicing on this.Mom was proud of me somehow..I manage to get high marks for my prepared speech 28/30, 29/30, 29/30, 29/30, 29/30 from 5 judges."wow,you sound so cute your voice sounds like Barbie,cheese cake eyh?" a contestant said that to me..erm okay..is it a compliment or just sarcasting ?

Sadly, some of the participants were cheating,their friend send them the topic for impromptu speech by texting sms which is unfair because they have more time to prepare for the impromptu speech..which entitled"malaysia,my beloved country".Me and other participants were pissed off because the judges wont believe us when we told them..3 participants are cheating,come on man be honest la weyh! We only been given 4 minutes to prepare the ideas and the cheating participants got so much time!

Well I learned many valuable lessons today:
-High expectation brings great frustration
-Never under estimate other people abilities
-Always be honest.
-Friendship never dies
-Always expect the unexpected
-Cuteness never counts
While the competition was held in Pangkor,I got a free boat ride yippeee!And spend time with handsome Mr Rashidi! hehe :P sorry Isma I got him XD I also snapped a few pics during sight seeing in Pangkor.



Blogger Lily SAID ON April 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

You're still my genius ( :


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON April 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM  

aww :') that's so sweet


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON April 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.


Anonymous Anonymous SAID ON April 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

whoaaa dude! my name appeared on your blog. pasal sir rashidi pulak tuh. ahaha. suke lah
-isma :)


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON April 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

heeee saya tawu awak suka!

Post a Comment