A

Liselle Moncherie



Sunday, January 29, 2012 @ 7:16 PM  |  13 Comment(s)

Back in the year 1997,when I was 3 mom already taught me to speak English.I watched Bugs Life every morning and Toys Story every evening without subtitles<---I'm pretty good using the DVD player by myself at the time :3.

Okay and my first word is...."EXPIRED" and then "Washing Machine","Motorbike","Natural" ,"Budget" "Junk food" these are the only words that I could remember back then.I speak English when I played with Barbie Dolls. Huhu XD,because of watching too many American movies and cartoons,I got myself speaking with an American accent,I didn't notice this until I was 14 when my English Teacher called me for an interview,she asked me"Have you ever lived overseas?or Are you born in USA? Your American accent is very 'pekat' you know"...

No,I am Anak Malaysia!I never followed my dad when he got a job in the overseas and my mom is not an English teacher,she just love English :)

My friends used to say "You sound like a computer,the female voice in science CD!"

Why "Expired"? Before I eat or drink anything mom always make sure that they are safe to eat,She would say "Oh,belum Expired lagi".One day a friend of her,Aunty Ina came to my apartment,she brought along a chocolate for me.I immediately took it and asked my mom "Mama,ni boleh makan lagi ke? Tak Expired?"
My mom and her friend burst into laughter, I don't know why they laughed at me -blurred-.

Aunty Ina was very suprised to hear the word "Expired" from a 3 year old infant although the word is commonly used almost everyday :P, she pinched my mouth and she said "Kecik-kecik dah tahu Expired."
Hey,you are what you eat :) better check the expiry date :D.

Haha,when I was small I love to memorise tv commercials scripts,I would copy the  exact way of narrators from tv commercials when they advertise their products or tv shows,the commercial that I remember copying was "Saksikan Hulk pada 2.00 petang,setiap Hari Ahad!".Mom always be my audience,I was her comedian,her mini entertainer.I love to see her laugh although I don't find anything funny on what I did to make her laugh XD,it feels good when we make people smile :).

When there's a concert that aired on television,dad's socks would be my victim for gloves and the remote would be my microphone.I WAS MINI GAGA XD.

I miss the "Old" me..


These are from my mother's and my memories,not a fiction :).English Lover,and also Proud Of Bahasa Melayu!







Blogger F. SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM  

hii mini Gaga.. nice to meet u :P


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM  

Hehe, Hellow Faza :D,nice to meet you too^^


Blogger littledolphin SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM  

i dont know what's my first english word. haha

wow.you can speak american accent due to the influence of american cartoons? cool xD

yeah adults like it when small children mimick the narrators from tv commercials.cos they tend to be cute when they do that.

i imagined it and i think i can hear your cute voice.hihi ;)


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM  

XD,my mom remembered my first words
Hehe.

Cartoons and tv shows are the biggest influence for me,books also
help me to improve :)

Oh man,i'm no cute anymore now XD


Blogger HeNRieTTa JoSe SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 10:44 PM  

U r cute...even at the age three....now even better....


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON January 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM  

Hehe thx XD, I hope so aiyaa :P


Blogger Pocket SAID ON January 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM  

We were not as lucky as u,
when our time,
we dont have DVDs..
so i dont have the chance
to listen to english until
i am 14..(Which was about the
time u were born.. waah!!)

so what we did was we bought
ourself a cheap radio walkman
and we listen to Radio4...
we copied every words that was
coming out of the DJ's mouth,
all verbal and loud.. (With intonation)

At first i was fluttering of course, but after 40 hours of
doing the same thing, I sounded just like the DJ :D
(Or atleast almost.. couldnt get the serak serak basah heheh)

'Coming down to number fourteen on this week countdown is ROXETTE with their new single!! CrashBoomBang!!!'


hheheh


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON January 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM  

Whoa! that's a very good effort!My dad still keep the first walk man made by Sony where he bought from Singapore.It was rectangular and super thick XD.

Serak-serak basah rocks! Haha sometimes copying does help :D

I love Roxette!,her voice is so tender but powerful :DD


Blogger Zehan Ilyana SAID ON January 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM  

whoaa..
i think my first english word was book.
err.. ke study?
i started learning since i was 3 years old, and my mama amat galakkan her daughter untuk love books and study..huhu.
i guess, my mom pun macam yours. sebab she was not an english teacher. she just loved english language.
teehee~


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON January 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

Yay!!! we have so much in common then! :D


Blogger Lily SAID ON February 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM  

Bravo!
I start to love English when I'm 13 years old =.,=
Mini Gaga looks more interesting than Lady Gaga .-.


Blogger Liselle MonCherie SAID ON February 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM  

baby gaga is coming soon!


Blogger Lily SAID ON February 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

Baby! xD

Post a Comment