A

Liselle Moncherie



Friday, May 18, 2012 @ 1:22 AM  |  18 Comment(s)



Have you guys ever wonder why I use "Liselle Moncherie" instead of my real name?
Well Do you? It's okay if my name never crossed your minds but now I am typing the history of my real name and that is FIRZANAH.

I used to hate my name when almost everyone called me "Pizzahut" and "Piranha" when I was 7....I hate school and I hate almost everyone in school.They didn't know to differentiate between P and F,huhu pity them...they didn't "graduate" from the kindergarten.Even on my certificates,they wrote "Farzanah" instead of "Firzanah".When I was 8,I went to a Quran Reciting class and there was a very nice Ustaz who likes to ask me about my name,and he likes to call me again and again...although I pass my turn to recite the Quran until he told me "Firzanah,Ustaz suka sangat nama kamu ni tiap-tiap kali Ustaz nak sebut,kalau la Ustaz ada anak perempuan Ustaz nak letak nama Firzanah jugak".Hmmm he's the only one who likes my name besides my parents at that moment but at the primary school?Only Allah knows.

Sometimes,when I came back from school.....I throw away my school bag furiously and ask my parents why Firzanah? Why? There are lots of other names that you can give me but why Firzanah?
"Nama tu special,maksudnya Yang Cerdik.Jaja kan pandai,nama tu kan sedap mama dengan bapa bagi nama Islam tu ada dalam buku Nama-Nama Islam tu,cuba Jaja tengok".I search for the book and found names with the letter F,the named FIRZANAH was underlined with a pencil.My parents chose the name,and I carried them with a pride.....even my characters are slightly different from the kids with my age...and that's why I've been teased a lot.

Do you know how annoyed I was when an Ustazah just asked me "Apa ke pelik betul nama kamu ni,bukan selalunya Farzanah ,ni Firzanah apa maksudnya entah?"<---In a very sarcastic way.I get that a lot from other people too,hey the patience meter just reached the maximum level.She always called me Suzannah.If someone calls you with a wrong name everyday,would you be mad?

"Ustazah,mak pak saya bagi nama saya Firzanah ada maksud tau,Yang CERDIK.Bukan saja-saja suka-suka nak bagi."a quick answer came out from my "Big" mouth.She was surprised to see how angry I was when I answered.The whole class was in shocked,the first time they saw me stood up and tell them my name wasn't a thing to play with.I got a name and so does everybody else and the only difference is that my name is quite unique and rare,mwehehehe.Since that day,no once dares to tease my name.All the boys received punches and kicks from me.Satisfied? Yes,I am.Bullies and teasers don't deserve to live,they are the losers who try to hide their weakness by mocking other people.How stupid....and how pathetic they are but then again history made who we are.

2004,I volunteered myself to help the Headmaster to translate an English book entitle "The Blue Boy" into Bahasa Melayu during school assemblies.That story...it' about a boy who is blue in Africa and everyone likes to tease him for being different and I...imagine myself as Him.So when I read the story I feel motivated by his courage.He ignored all the teases and names given and he finally success to be a Soccer player because he has a big talent playing Soccer.All the pain is a motivation for him to be a successful person.Everyday I have to get on the school stage and while the headmaster reads the story in English and I will translate them into Bahasa and guess what,the Headmaster gave me RM 1 everyday!Huhuhuhu well that's my luck.My name is no longer a joke,every teachers in school knows me and the boys.....I saw them began to feel ashamed of themselves.I don't get teased anymore and questioned about my name.

After years go by,I've been planning to change my name....it's not like I hate my own name but I don't like to remember the past....and how bad I felt when people teased my name.I want a new identity and I want people to forget the "old" Firzanah.....no more Pizza and Piranha.

Labels: , ,




Blogger aku HaniAsyira SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM  

kids always like that dear.. they kinda happy when tease people around them.. =)

when i was a kid my aunt called me
"til, tolong amikk kan tuh." her granddaughter heard she called me and said..

"bukan til tu tail?? Is it ekor kan?"

hohohoho....


Blogger Unknown SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM  

but..honestly i like that name.. firzanah.. it's so unic n make u looks different than the others..

u know something? what ever hurt u n make u sad, will be the thing that make u stronger than before.. trust me..


Blogger Choki SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM  

The past is always a suckish thing look back at.But then again it's what makes you who you are anyway.Padan muka diorg yg teased you.X tau malu..You just have to put those kinds of ppl in their right place kn? Plus..Hmmm..Firzanah..That's a nice name :-D


Blogger Zubaidah SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM  

sama la ngan sy. kat sekolah dlu, rmai yg suke maen2 kan nama sy. my real name is, che ku zubaidah. che ku tu kalo kat terengganu sbnrnyer nama kerabat, besides engku and tengku. but masuk sekolah je dorg selalu gelar cikgu, then msk universiti nie, sy selalu bagithu nama zubaidah je, sbb tkut ade yg gelak. mmg faham sgt la perasaan awk tuwh. rase cam nak gunting je lidah dorg. x baik gelar nama org, pantang!


Blogger Anis Azziyati Juhari ツ SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

same like me my dear . they used to called me MAYONIS intead of ANIS . T___T . and my back name , azziyati . people always get wrong when they pronounce or spell it .
don't change ur name . its the first gift your mom n dad gave to you .well..i love both of your name . LISELLE and FIRZANAH. ^^
hihi . i have another name also , beside anis azziyati - ARISLYN :)


Blogger Amirah Ahmad Zaki SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 11:51 AM  

saya tak paham dgn org yg suka ejek nama org. tp, entahlah. macam sume budak macam tu kan zaman sekarang ni? saya ada dgr nama ayah kawan saya pernah kena ejek. lagi dahsyat. tak reti hormat orang, huhu.


Blogger HeNRieTTa JoSe SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM  

seriusly....ur name is unic for me...never heard before....but thats nice really....its adorable...


Blogger littledolphin SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

i used to get teased a lot too when i was younger.cos my father's name is way too weird for them .there is this one boy who purposely pronounce it wrongly everytime.dunno what happen to him now.But i'd really like to meet him again one day.


Blogger Shafiq SAID ON May 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM  

I have felt that too.. :-)It is an irritating experience but after I asked my parents regarding the origin of my name, I just ignore those who mocking me.


Blogger Unknown SAID ON May 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM  

hey there :D im coming here with the feelong of missing ur blog. kekeke, chewahhh.. how are u?

now i know why the title pizza piranha. ok2, get it. (: dont woryy, every single name have their meaning, i guess so. btw, i also use my nickname is blogger. hehehe


Blogger Unknown SAID ON May 20, 2012 at 2:08 AM  

the awesome turn of events behind the name! :)
haha...kuat melenting jugak kecik2 dulu eh...skrang ni masih ke? XD


Blogger Zehan Ilyana SAID ON May 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM  

liselle, sorry for didnt drop by here for quite a long time..:)

liselle, i think your name is unique, i never know anyone named firzanah except you..:)

so be proud with it..

dulu, once, i really hate my name.. because i think it sounds so girlish and didnt suit my boyish attitude..and people always find it hard to pronounce my name, and they always end up calling my third name instead my second name..
but now, i think i love my name.. :)


Blogger kay_are SAID ON May 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

bese r tu budak2.. kalau tak main kutuk2 memang tak leh.. kadang2 name mak ayah datuk nenek pun kuar sekali.. bile ingat2 balik.. malu betul wat camtu dulu.. =P ok pe name firzanah.. lain dari yang lain.. you should proud has that unique name isnt it? =)


Blogger Lysa SAID ON May 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

Is it true your ustazah questioned about your name like that?I think she's very rude Im sorry but the way she ask you doesn't suits her ustazah 'title' at all. Let them be Liselle and your name is unique if you wanna know :)


Blogger Ardini Izzati SAID ON May 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM  

OMG! I love your words and story and everything. You words were honest. I love them a lot! Teach me how to write better English pleasee!

Anyway, my name is kind of unique too actually. Hey we should be proud with our name. Our parents chose the best for us. I was kind of suprised with the part when Ustazah asked you that kind of question. I mean, Ustazah?? Haha. Weirdoo laa ustazah tu. You just ignore if anyone teased you again okay. They just envy you for something. Chill :)


Blogger ~~ZusUliYaiNi mAMaT~~ SAID ON May 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

ZUSULIYAINI..i think that name is more weird than you...u got the meaning on it but mine...ermm


Blogger nuranne SAID ON May 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

it's a beautiful name. so y not use the real name from now on? Norhafizah also got pizza a lot by people. haha.


Blogger whitecappuccino SAID ON May 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

unique name and meaningful..just ignore them.

Post a Comment